The Johannesburg Jewish history people, the foundation of our economy through gold, diamonds and business expertise Jews obtained through hundreds of years of experience and you find this in the streets of Johannesburg,
This makes the Jewish influence part of our earliest history with the discovery of gold.
On this tour you get to see Johannesburg and surrounding suburbs as we drive to the various attractions and synagogues.
This tour can be linked to families that stayed or were born in South Africa and want to show their children where they grew up and went to school. Also, visiting the graves of their loved ones can be arranged.
• Starting at your hotel as we depart for the Mandela house in Houghton, Jewish suburbs north east of Johannesburg, the Great Park synagogue and Lion Synagogue
• Visit the new holocaust centre in Rosebank.
• Lunch on route through Johannesburg city (downtown)
• Stop at the Holocaust memorial in the West Park cemetery.
Please note: pre-arrangements have to be made to visit the synagogues.
• We return you to your hotel after the tour.
This is an interesting tour as the hill is historically linked with its surroundings and timeline. If you have the time and fascinating court houses through the world interests you, you must visit Constitutional Hill. Hopefully on the day of your tour there is no court sitting.